Highlighted

How to install Lightroom 5

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just reinstalled windows and I can't work out how to reinstall my copy of lightroom 5.  I have a boxed copy (no CD drive though) and a serial number.  I think my Adobe accound on the web says I have lightroom under products, but the only installs seem to be CC.  I installed the CC client and it only offers a trial of Lightroom.   

How do I install lightroom 5?  I'm not insterested in a monthly subscription.

Topics

Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to install Lightroom 5

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just reinstalled windows and I can't work out how to reinstall my copy of lightroom 5.  I have a boxed copy (no CD drive though) and a serial number.  I think my Adobe accound on the web says I have lightroom under products, but the only installs seem to be CC.  I installed the CC client and it only offers a trial of Lightroom.   

How do I install lightroom 5?  I'm not insterested in a monthly subscription.

Topics

Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try contacting Adobe by clicking on the link I'm providing. There's a little circle in the lower right-hand corner that will enable you to initiate a live chat. Be aware, however, that the installation disk will only install Lightroom 5.0. Your next challenge will be to attempt to get the final update which was Lightroom 5.7.1. Adobe seems to have made it very difficult to obtain older versions and updates. You indicate that you have the serial number. Does that number beginning with 1160? If it doesn't, then it isn't the serial number. Here is the link where you can initiate a live chat:

Contact Adobe customer care 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it does start with 1160.  I'll try the link you gave if the download Johnrellis suggests below doesn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll try that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 0