• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to know version of Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an enthusiastic user of Lightroom Classic for catalogueing my images (~220,000 files).  Recently I was initiating a LR CC session and recieved a message that there was an update available for the software that could be installed before starting my session.  I replied "OK" and the update began.  Then, before completing the update the program issued an error message and stopped fuctioning.

Ever since this incident I've been unable to use LR CC.  It is extremely strange for me but I am unable to identify the version of LR CC that I have.  This information is not provided anywhere in the 'startup' function.  My operating system is Windows 10.  Any suggestions you might have would be much appreciated.

Thank you.      Bob Acton.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the old perpetual license LR that ended at v6.14

or are you paying for a subscription plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a subscription plan.   And since I sent the message I have discovered that the version that I have is LR CC 10.1.

Now I'm thinking there is one way to be sure that my current program doesn't have any internal errors......   that would be to uninstall the program and re-install it.   The only problem is that I'm not sure how to go about this....  🙂       Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"to uninstall the program and re-install it.   The only problem is that I'm not sure how to go about this.... "

Start the Creative Cloud desktop app. Click the "..." menu to the right of Lightroom Classic and choose Uninstall. Then choose Install.

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 7.31.02 PM.png

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines