• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make it so a specific effect stays on selected filter after use?!?!?!?

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this may sound like rambling but i hope someone gets what im asking here

Ok so you know how you have the section where you can chose radial filter, adjustment brush, gradient filter?...so I use the radial filter for the effect i have made called "exposure circle" and thats so i can pull attention to the objects in the center of the photo....but then i click on the adjustment brush to go to the settings "lighten face" to add some light in to the subjects face.....when i go between the two adjustment things its left on the last effect used.....so say i "lightened a face effect" with the adjustment brush....when i click on the radial filter its automatically set on the last effect used which is "lighten face" but i need the "exposure circle" so my question is....is there a way to go in settings and make it so each thing stays on the last effect that was used WHEN THAT SPECIFIC ONE was used.....so radial filter will always stay on "exposure circle" until i change it....and same with adjustment brush....so i don't have to keep going back and forth between effects on each photo....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There's no option for that in the preferences.

Maybe, just maybe, there's a plugin that can do it, but I don't know any.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator ([moderator deleted the URL from the signature. Kindly note that URLs in the signature may be considered as spam])

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you select a preset before you apply the filter or brush, that preset becomes the new default. If you first apply the filter/brush and then select the preset, then the default is not changed. This default applies to all local adjustments however, you cannot set different defaults for the different filters.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines