• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move Photos from Photos Library in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Photoc App on my macbook pro for years for photo storage and managment.  I recently decided to transfer the photos to my much more powerful and newly built desktop.  The photos (in the ballpark of 100k photos and videos) has been stored on an external hard drive.  When I built my computer, I put in a seperate internal hard drive for my sizable library, about 1.3 tb.  

I created a collection on my internal drive, and sought to "import" the photos from my photo storage drive.  I'm just so confused, because it seems to have taken the photos and put them in my collection, but not actually moved them onto the drive.  My internal drive is still mostly empty.  

I couldn't even figure out I am doing wrong.  I want the photos stored in my hard drive in whatever file storage format that Lightroom uses.  I've tried looking up guides, but I can't seem to find the information I'm lookiing for and I'm getting very frustrated.  

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is lots of Lightroom tutorials available free from julieanne lost dot com which would help getting started. You can also get a free book at the link below.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines