Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open .psdc file in lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have edited a photo in photoshop that I initially opened using Lightroom, however when I saved, reopened the photo the photo in lightroom and exported, I realised some weeks later I wasn't happy with the result and wanted to try again.

All I could find was a .psdc file containing all of my photoshop changes and I'm wondering how I can get that open in lightroom, ideally without exporting to .jpg as I would like to make some small changes in lightroom that I am not sure how to make in photoshop (temperature, crop, etc.). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

A .psdc file is a cloud documents file. You should be a ble to save it to your local hard drive as TIFF, PSD, or any other file format by using 'Save as'. Then you can import it in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

My attempt at an answer- 🙂  Oh the complications, as if [Edit In] Photoshop was not already difficult to understand!!!

'Edit In' Photoshop from Lightroom-Classic would normally create a TIFF or PSD (LrC Preference) when you [SAVE] the document in Ps, and the TIFF/PSD would appear back in the Catalog. It must be [SAVE]!

If you, instead, use [SAVE AS] in Ps, and select [Save to Cloud Documents], this would create the .PSDC file stored in the Cloud, and this one does not automatically return t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A .psdc file is a cloud documents file. You should be a ble to save it to your local hard drive as TIFF, PSD, or any other file format by using 'Save as'. Then you can import it in Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My attempt at an answer- 🙂  Oh the complications, as if [Edit In] Photoshop was not already difficult to understand!!!

'Edit In' Photoshop from Lightroom-Classic would normally create a TIFF or PSD (LrC Preference) when you [SAVE] the document in Ps, and the TIFF/PSD would appear back in the Catalog. It must be [SAVE]!

If you, instead, use [SAVE AS] in Ps, and select [Save to Cloud Documents], this would create the .PSDC file stored in the Cloud, and this one does not automatically return to the LrC catalog. (A TIFF or PSD is not created!)

To re-edit the .PSDC file you would need to 'open' it again using Photoshop. (I see it available in my Home Screen or Recent photos edited in Ps.)

To see it in the LrC catalog you would also need to do a [Save As] once again from Ps, and select [To your Computer] (.PSD then appears as the default), and then Import the .PSD to the LrC Catalog.

https://fileinfo.com/extension/psdc

Looking forward to more info to help us all with .PSDC.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your quick and helpful response! 🙂 have a nice day. Jade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines