• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Organize Presets?

New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to organize my Lightroom presets like placing different presets to different folders in Lightroom. Can anybody tell me how to put presets inside a folder in Lightroom?

I don't see any "New Folder" option in the Lightroom.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 05.03.15.png

Also, I have already organized it in my Finder but still it's not organized in my Lightroom.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 05.12.16.png

Version: Lightroom CC 8.2.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only create a new group (what Adobe calls a preset folder) when creating a preset. So create a dummy preset and click the Gorup drop-down:

Then click New Group:

Once you have the new group created, you can drag and drop presets (one at a time) into the group.

Yup, this is from the company that prides itself on user interfaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have to drag 'n' drop one by one ffs???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have to drag 'n' drop one by one ffs???

Yup, as stated in my previous post. You can organize presets into folders using Finder / Explorer and then run the free Fix Presets plugin to mirror that organization in LR's groups, but that's a fussy workaround at best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this working for mac also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelb93495807  wrote

Is this working for mac also?

Of course. If you look closely, you’ll notice that John’s screenshots are made on a Mac...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent untold hours wrestling with this very issue, and it's absolutely maddening. Why in the world is it impossible to simply to into the file structure and organize the presets as you like and have Lightroom pick it up? Just maddening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Why in the world is it impossible to simply to into the file structure and organize the presets as you like and have Lightroom pick it up? Just maddening."

Indeed. Please add your constructive opinion to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all product feedback:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/presets-are-messed-up-buggy-and-a-nightmare-t...

and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe might pay attention.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John, for pointing me to a more productive avenue. This is my first interaction with the community, so that's a big help. I'll do exactly what you have suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am furious i've been using white room since he came out and they always do this I have a literally hundreds of recess and now they are a f-ing mess. I am livid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines