• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to prevent that LR breaks post production when failing to make second copy on import?

New Here ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use Lightroom Classic 7.1 on Win 10 (but it doesn't matter). I experience very unfriendly feature that LR breaks post production when failing to make second copy on import.

I shoot raw, always make 1:1 previews and convert do DNG. When I import new photos from SD card, I always do a second copy to external HDD (NAS). Therefore I have the checkbox always checked. However, sometimes happens, that I forget to turn the external HDD on, but keeping the box for second copy checked. What happens in this case, is that after importing the new photos LR stops on dialog informing that the copies could not be done. THat is OK, I like the informative feature. BUT then LR waits till I click OK to continue with converting to DNG anf building previews. Which is stupid, because I don't see the reason why it is like this and why DNGs and previews cannot continue to be done even without clicking OK.

Imagine that I come from event in the middle of the night, with 2000 photos on the SD card. I let it import, make DNG and previews, so I can start post production in the morning. THen I go sleep. I wake up in the morning finding out that stupid LR waits for me to click OK on information that the copy cannot be done, because I forgot to turn on the NAS

So, is it possible to suppress this informative dialogue and continue making DNG and previews even when making second copy fails?

Thank you.

Maros

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, is it possible to suppress this informative dialogue and continue making DNG and previews even when making second copy fails?

Not that I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

marom87764371  wrote

I suggest posting this as an 'Idea' in a report at the Photoshop Family forum. Adobe staff monitor these posts and many suggestions do get implemented.

Instead of suppressing the dialogue I suggest requesting Adobe add a routine at the start of the import process to verify the availability of the Second Copy destination folder.

Post a Conversation | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines