• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to "open in low resolution" with windows OS?

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found, very simply, how to do this with Mac, but not for Windows. Can anyone advise? I saw something that said "Edit > Preference > General > Optimize for screen" or something like that. But that option doesn't exist in Lightroom CC (as far as I can tell)... THANKS!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell us your target or what you are trying to achieve?

Your OS version as well as the exact version of LR would possibly be helpful too.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard that setting LR to "open in low resolution" mode helps it to run faster. But I only see how to do it on mac. How do I set it to "open in low resolution" on windows 10 is my question (latest update of LR CC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Latest" usually is not. What version number of LR are you using?

In LR 6/2015, you can optimize the standard presets to be no larger than your screen needs.

menu: / edit / catalog settings / file handling /

set the "standard size" to "auto".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines