• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to re-sync images from laptop back to desktop full circle

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've exported a set of images from my desktop "as catalog" and imported them into my laptop, where I edited them.  Now I need to "re-sync" those edited images back to my desktop.  How do I do that?   (I know how to move new edited images from laptop to desktop - but this question is about doing full circle - images from desktop to laptop, edited on laptop, and then sync'ed back to desktop).  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You only need to open the 'Desktop' catalog and [Import from another Catalog], selecting the (previously exported) catalog from the laptop to merge the edits.

The original image files on the laptop are not needed, or need moving anywhere! In fact NO image files are needed- They are already in your desktop. The merged catalog will just add your edits to the master desktop catalog.

The procedure is the same as this link, where for "CLIENT" substitute "desktop Computer", and for "EDITOR" substitute your remote "Laptop computer":

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/i-sent-away-smart-previews-to-an-editor-and-cannot-...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines