• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to recover deleted photos from Lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea, seriously zero ideas what happened to a series of photos I had on my Mac but they are gone now. Let's break down the situation and hope you guys can help me.
1) Pictures were stored in Photos (I know my bad)
2) I last opened them in Lightroom CC and worked on them 
3) I used an SD recovery software and to my surprise, there is a gap where those files were supposed to be, everything else before and after was scanned but not those specific files.
The saddest thing is that one album is pictures from a Eurotrip I did with my best friend. He had never visited and after a long time and big effort, he managed to make the trip, and now that his birthday is approaching I wanted to make a book with those memories.
Please help before I lose my mind!

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's actually no recovery function in Lightroom. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/recovering-a-deleted-photo/td-p/9252092?page=1

I think the only way to get the pictures back is to restore these files from a backup.

Good luck.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your question was moved to the Lightroom Classic forum by a moderator, but I have no idea which version of Lightroom you are using, so please start with that. 'Lightroom CC' is an old name, and could mean anything. Tell us if you use Lightroom, or Lightroom Classic and tell us the version number.

I'm also not sure where your pictures were stored. You say "Pictures were stored in Photos (I know my bad)", but Photos is an application made by Apple. You can't use Lightroom (either version) with pictures that are still stored in an Apple Photos library, so again we need to know what exactly you mean.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines