• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to relocate photos currently in an annual folder (2017, 2018, 2019, etc) to a monthly folder

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to relocate photos currently in an annual folder (2017,2018, 2019, etc) to a monthly folder that's a subfolder of an annual folder. How do I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If I understand correctly, your current folder structure is based on year and now you want to create a monthly bifurcation under the respective years and organize the images in those folders?

If my understanding is correct, would mind confirming if you have created those sub-folders already or if you would be doing that?

You can add a new sub-folder to your folder structure by selecting the folder under which you wish to create the new folder and select the option to Add sub-folder.

Screenshot_27.png

If you have the images that you wish to add to the new sub-folder already selected then check the option to include images and give the folder the desired name. You can also drag the images over to the new sub-folder later after it is created.

Screenshot_28.png

You can also check the information mentioned in the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/create-folders.html#create_subfolders

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Library>Grid View select the year folder in the left-side Folder panel. Select the photos that you want to move. Right-click on the year folder and select "Create Folder Inside ..." and give the new folder a name. Click the "Include selected photos" box and "Create".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines