Highlighted

How to Remedy Imported Images Appearing DEEPLY Pixelated and Double Exposed??

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wallpaper Picture Frame Molding Cobra Sconce-2.jpg

Lightroom 5 has a bizarre behavior and I've not been able to find any info on line regarding it.

I have jpg images that after being imported appear in Lightroom as DEEPLY pixelated and also often double exposed ... i.e. the image is displayed twice, slightly offset. When I mention deeply pixelated, I do not mean the often low res preview image one sees for ex. when the original file is not availible. I mean DEEPLY pixelated to the point of being practically illegible, not mearely blurry or low res. I mean one can make out colors, tones, diagonals, etc. Pixels blockily blaze across the images like staircases, doubled, often stretched out and rectagular rather than square ... an effect I've not seen in 30 years on dealing with images. 

When I check out the original file, it is fine. This doesn't happen to all my impors but to many of them.

When I go to do an import, the preview inn the import window appears just as screwed up as it does AFTER it is imported. But the source image is just fine. 

Any ideas on what could possibly be occuring?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to Remedy Imported Images Appearing DEEPLY Pixelated and Double Exposed??

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wallpaper Picture Frame Molding Cobra Sconce-2.jpg

Lightroom 5 has a bizarre behavior and I've not been able to find any info on line regarding it.

I have jpg images that after being imported appear in Lightroom as DEEPLY pixelated and also often double exposed ... i.e. the image is displayed twice, slightly offset. When I mention deeply pixelated, I do not mean the often low res preview image one sees for ex. when the original file is not availible. I mean DEEPLY pixelated to the point of being practically illegible, not mearely blurry or low res. I mean one can make out colors, tones, diagonals, etc. Pixels blockily blaze across the images like staircases, doubled, often stretched out and rectagular rather than square ... an effect I've not seen in 30 years on dealing with images. 

When I check out the original file, it is fine. This doesn't happen to all my impors but to many of them.

When I go to do an import, the preview inn the import window appears just as screwed up as it does AFTER it is imported. But the source image is just fine. 

Any ideas on what could possibly be occuring?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't post screen captures as attachments, because many of us will not download attachments. Instead, click on the "Insert Photos" icon and include the screen capture in your message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a corrupted image. LrC did not do this. Your camera, the memory card you used, the cable that you used to connect the camera to the computer or the card reader to your system, the card reader itself, or some other piece of computer hardware, RAM, HDD, caused this file to become corrupted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines