How to remove the default lightroom local adjustment brushes?

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day all,

Over time, I have developed more than 40 local adjustments presets, and now I'm running out of screen space. When I open the "Effect" tab, the list is so long that to reach the bottom I have to click on the down triangle to reveal the rest of the presets. I still don't' understand why the mouse scroll doesn't work with this list. Anyway, I need to remove the top 17 presets that are in-built in Lightroom to free up some space. They do not exist in the preset folder C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Local Adjustment Presets. Only the ones I created are there.

My Google search didn't return any answers. Please share your knowledge with me. It will save me heaps of time in post.

Default Lightroom adjustment brushes.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder you mention is the user folder for custom presets. Presets that come with Lightroom are stored in another folder, but I don’t think you can remove these presets except by hacking the application.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Johan has indicated, the local adjustments listed are stored elsewhere e.g. (application package on Mac). While it's possible to remove them they'll be instated next time Lr updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ian. Can you please point to how they can be removed? I am happy to take the effort and delete them with the updates.

I think they actually showed up not long ago. Maybe one or two updates ago. Someone in Adobe decided it is a good idea to fix something that is working fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! As I stated, the presets are NOT in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Local Adjustment Presets

Do you know where are they located?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the factory presets will be difficult to impossible.

I would do something like renaming your presets to start with an underscore so that they are all grouped at the top of the list.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Joe,

These are always on top regardless of the naming.

I still can't comprehend how Adobe would put such useless presets that the user can't remove. There is got to be a way to delete them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the top 17 presets are coded into the app, thus they cannot be deleted by us end users.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates on this topic in mid-2021? These are getting in the way more and more.

Adobe, please make those customisable presets.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No change, still the same klutzy 17 names at the top of the menu that are completely useless to most users.

Please add your constructive opinion to this feature request:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-ability-to-organize-adjustm...

and be sure to click the Vote button at the top left and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines