• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to restore to SOOC format

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image that I cropped. I want to restore it to its original, uncropped, SOOC format. I thought by clicking on the bottom listing in the History panel, which is labeled "Import," I would see the original, SOOC version of the image as originally imported from the camera. But it doesn't. I see the cropped version. When I click on Reset (on the right hand side of the screen), the image reverts to its uncropped, unedited version and the reset version appears above the Import listing. But the Import listing in History still shows the cropped version. I've verified through other software that the source file is indeed uncropped.

What I want to achieve is to have the first listing in the History panel show the original uncropped version. How do I do that? What did I do to get to where I am (but don't want to be (this isn't an invitation to provide life advice))?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to duplicate these symptoms, when I have a cropped photo, and then I click on the bottom entry in History, I get the uncropped and unedited photo.

Please provide the following basic information (and also what camera was used):

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What File type is it, File extension?

And in what program did you Crop it in?

If you did Not originally crop it in LrC then you can't Un-Crop it in LrC.

Showing us a Screen Shot of what you are seeing on your screen will help immensely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the crop tool panel, for ratio, select original

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"to have the first listing in the History panel show the original uncropped version."

You could-  (IF other History steps are not important to you!)

1) Reset Crop to the "un-cropped" format.

2) Clear History

Or do it in reverse- Clear History > Reset Crop.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines