• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save Lightroom Settings/Library Backup

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys I am owning a creative cloud subscription and I will change to a new macbook pro pretty soon so I want to save my current librabry with all my settings, presets, photo edited (not the original photos but the profile of the edited photos etc.) and migrate it to the new laptop. Is there any editorial or easy way to do so? Can I save it somehow in my 20gb creative cloud webspace? Do I need to make a backup on a hardrive? How is the process?

Thanks for tipps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are instructions: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

The 20GB creative cloud space is not used in transferring your Lightroom Classic catalog or photos to a new computer.

Let's also be very very clear about terminology: backups are exact copies of your catalog file or photos, stored on a different disk than the originals. Backups are used in case of emergency where something bad happens to your catalog file or photos. You should always have recent backups. You should always have recent backups even if you are not planning to move these to a new computer. This is MANDATORY. If you do not have recent backups, then create them now (no excuses)! Backups are not a part of the process of moving Lightroom to a new computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "profile of your edited photos", as you put it, and all of your settings are contained in the catalog associated with the work you have been doing in Lightroom. If you follow these instructions carefully that are in the link provided to you, that is really all you need to do. The images on your computer are still in their original state, the catalog is where all of the changes have been made. If you have purchased any presets they might be in a folder that you will have to look for and transfer those. I don't know, I have never purchased any presets. Any presets that you have created yourself are contained within the catalog, and will transfer IF you follow the instructions provided in that link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really handy, and has been asked for several times, if Lr had a command to Import/Export all at once things like  preferences, presets, profiles, defaults, plug-ins and any other related files as Victoria listed.  This would make moving to a new computer easier and also provide an easy backup of these essential things.  Searching around to manually backup and then searching around again to restore is mess unless you really know what you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly!!! I just gave them feedback about this because it's infuriating having to go back and forth making sure every single file is backed up specifically in a specific way. Adobe is lost. They'e got their development team too focused on creating 500 side programs so that they can sell them as subscription packages; nevermind the absurd and infuritating seperate Lightroom applications that are not consolidated into one, large, up-to-date program that does everything both programs can do while modernizing and optimizing the whole for effieciency. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines