Highlighted

How to see Import Results (failed vs. successful)

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to retroactively see which files were unsuccessfully imported into Lightroom Classic?  I waited 2 days for a large import to complete, and when the dialogue popped up at the end which showed what some file errors and exceptions were, Lightroom froze up, and when I checked back a while later, that screen was gone..  Is there anyway to pull logs or something to retroactively view this information?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to see Import Results (failed vs. successful)

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to retroactively see which files were unsuccessfully imported into Lightroom Classic?  I waited 2 days for a large import to complete, and when the dialogue popped up at the end which showed what some file errors and exceptions were, Lightroom froze up, and when I checked back a while later, that screen was gone..  Is there anyway to pull logs or something to retroactively view this information?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perform the same Import function again, but select 'New Photos' as shown below. Any files that were not previously imported will be shown and can be imported.

New Photos.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the tip, I am now able to see the 28,721 files that Lightroom Classic was unable to import.  However, how do I get these imported now??  They are mixed up within hundreds of folders from a Google Takeout export, and I am trying to get all of this into Lightroom CC.  Looks like a mix of .jpg, .heic, .mov, .avi and .mp4

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the files are already in folders on a local drive you are using inside LR just select 'Add' and they will be imported into LR. You can move the files into different folders from inside LR once imported, but I suggest using LR Collections and Keywords to "group" files rather than by folder organization. It's going to take a while and the same import error may happen again if you have a power failure or other interruption. Keep an eye on the import progress, but don't open and use any other apps on the system just to be safe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not help this time however if you see this screen again you can download a text file with a report that will list the files that were not successfully imported.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, but this screen is what disappeared. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0