• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to select the ideal face for a person in the People window

Explorer ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Face recognition works pretty well, but when there are a number of photos of the same person, I would like to be able to select the photo to represent all of that persons photos. Is that possible? LR has in some cases selected a photo which I have identified as that person but not the best photo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the badge at top left of the relevant face stack (count of images in stack) to expand it, then drag the image you want to represent the person to beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying that (I think). I click on the People button just above the filmstrip. Double click on the stack of photos of a person, then select the most representative photo and drag it to the top left, and I'm told 'Dragging not supported here'. This is how I would expect it to work, but it doesn't. Am I doing something wrong? 

In this instance I select & double click TWORT Flora

Screenshot 05-25-2020 19.15.51.png

Which opens up this window

Screenshot 05-25-2020 19.16.28.png

I would like to use the second image here as the gallery image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's true that you cannot drag images within a stack, you can right-click on the image that you want to move in the stack, then click on stacking, then choose the option to, "Move to tthe top of the stack" or one of the other moving options in that dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos are not in a stack. This particular lady I have 24 photos of her, spread throughout the collection, some better than others, but would like to have the best one at the top of the confirmed section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your can't drag and there is no right-click menu once the faces are in "Confirmed", at least none I have found.  I too would like to pick the best face for the top in the "Confirmed" section of People.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't believe there is a way to establish a "default" face for an individual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines