• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set default import from and to locations in LR Classic CC

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I want to import an image from my desktop, I have to navigate down from  MAC HD>Users,>mikescomputer>Desktop.  How can I set default to "mikescomputer"?

Similiarly, I always have to go through the same steps to get to the sub file "Pictures" under "mikescomputer" to designate where I want the import file to go.  How can I make the default location open on Macintosh HD>Users> mikescomputer> pictures>?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source:

The Drop-down menu beside [Select a Source] will show 'Recent' import locations to select from-

ScreenShot217.jpg

Destination:

Make a Preset!  In the Drop-down menu.

ScreenShot218.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taking this on a tangent, the "desktop" folder is a special system folder. It should not really be used for storing files and subfolders. However, in this case, the potential problems of doing so are probably not related to the current problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"the "desktop" folder is a special system folder. It should not really be used for storing files and subfolders."

Fully agree!

I often see users with many folder icons on the desktop with thousands of photos contained.

I was led to believe that files on the Desktop can make Windows "slow down",- if anyone can comment on this.

My screenshot that shows the Preset "Desktop Temp Source" is a little mis-leading. It is a Preset to Import files from the Desktop and 'Move' them to a more suitable location. (I could have chosen a better example!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines