Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set the status of syncing with LR mobile for LrCollection

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am wondering how to change the sync settings of a LrCollection via Lua. I want to create new collections and then want to have them automatically synced with Lightroom Mobile.

Thank you in advance for your help and best regards

Gerhard

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

The SDK API doesn't provide that capability, unfortunately. Adobe stopped investing much effort in the SDK many years ago.

The best you can do for this is use a keystroke-stuffing utility (e.g. AutoHotkey on Windows), which is fragile and difficult to make robust.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SDK API doesn't provide that capability, unfortunately. Adobe stopped investing much effort in the SDK many years ago.

The best you can do for this is use a keystroke-stuffing utility (e.g. AutoHotkey on Windows), which is fragile and difficult to make robust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear John, I thought so. I got a workaround and the good thing is that the setting stays even though you update the collection. Thank you and best regards Gerhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gerhardw42687701, I realize that this thread is fairly old, but would you mind sharing how you resolved this issue? I’m trying to do something very similar and running into significant roadblocks. Also is it possible to identify the available keys & functions within the LrCollection class?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I’m trying to do something very similar and running into significant roadblocks. Also is it possible to identify the available keys & functions within the LrCollection class?"

Could you provide detaiils about what you want to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, I’m a bit new to Lua and the Lightroom SDK, but I’m trying to create collections via a plugin & then have them auto sync to Lightroom Mobile so that I can see those collections on my iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I’m trying to create collections via a plugin & then have them auto sync to Lightroom Mobile so that I can see those collections on my iPad."

While the SDK lets a plugin create and modify collections, there is no way to set their "sync" attribute.  As I mentioned above, you can try a keystroke-stuffing utility (e.g. AutoHotkey on Windows), but that is fragile and very difficult to make robust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank John. I’m on a Mac, any suggestions for utilities on that platform? Also, do you know the best way to identify the keys and functions within the LR Classes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Applescript to send keystrokes to an app:

https://eastmanreference.com/how-to-automate-your-keyboard-in-mac-os-x-with-applescript 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the best way to identify the keys and functions within the LR Classes?"

The SDK includes reference documentation, including all modules and classes:

https://console.adobe.io/downloads/lr

See the "API Reference" subfolder.  Or are you wanting something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've gone through the documentation and was just hopeful that there would be more access to the class objects than the documents show. Wishful thinking I guess. Given that things like setting the sync attributed are locked down, I assume Adobe does not want any manipulation of objects outside of their control. I appreciate your assistance on my questions. Given the change of the forum structure, it's been really difficult to find information on my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines