How to simultaneously delete a photo from a LR collection and my hard drive

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many unused/rejected photos that are clogging up my hard drive. Is there an easy way to simultaneously delete a photo from a LR collection as well as from the source file (on my hard drive)? How do I do this?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer......

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to simultaneously delete a photo from a LR collection and my hard drive

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many unused/rejected photos that are clogging up my hard drive. Is there an easy way to simultaneously delete a photo from a LR collection as well as from the source file (on my hard drive)? How do I do this?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer......

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 29, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a collection, use the "splat-delete" Ctrl-Alt-Shift-Delete

CAUTION: no confirmation dialog box appears, the photo is instantly deleted from the catalog AND from the hard disk

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Folder the images is actually in (Collections are Not folders. They are just LISTS of image names). Once in the real folder right click and select Remove Photo then select Delete from Disk.

Once the actual file is deleted it gets removed from any, all, collections it has been listed in.

To get to the folder it is actually in Right Click on the image and select "Go to Folder in Library".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0