How to use LR Classic w/o internet

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something?

Adobe FAQ says that LR desktop is installed on my sytem and that I can access it w/o internet.

The only way I am able to use my LR Classic is by logginf into the creative cloud and then choosind the LR app.

I'll be traveling next month and want to make everything is working to avoid any problems.

Thanks!

PS Im slighly computer illiterate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to use LR Classic w/o internet

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something?

Adobe FAQ says that LR desktop is installed on my sytem and that I can access it w/o internet.

The only way I am able to use my LR Classic is by logginf into the creative cloud and then choosind the LR app.

I'll be traveling next month and want to make everything is working to avoid any problems.

Thanks!

PS Im slighly computer illiterate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic ?? Confirm for us, by reporting your Version NUMBER of Lightroom. Do this by posting the information from - MENU: Help > System Info...

Logging 'in' (Signing-in) to the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App is the way that you 'Activate' your software, and once 'Signed-in' you never 'Sign-Out' if you want to keep using your software.

You can be offline for a time before Adobe needs to check your subscription is paid-  30 days if paid monthly, 90 days if paid Annually.

When travelling you only need to be online for a few moments (by wifi, etc) for the CC Desktop App to confirm your subscription.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.1, Photoshop 22.1, Lightroom 4.1, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 8.4.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure why my screen name is no longer a customer. I am a subscription paying user!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very confused.

I do not sign out of the cloud. 

To currently access my LR, I log on to Adobe and click on the option for my apps. I need the internet to get to Adobe. IF you could walk thru the steps to log on wo the internet Id grately appriciate it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am very confused. I do not sign out of the cloud. To currently access my LR, I log on to Adobe and click on the option for my apps. I need the internet to get to Adobe. IF you could walk thru the steps to log on wo the internet Id grately appriciate it."

After you have logged in to your Adobe Account one time (and not afterwards signed out) you can launch LR Classic in the usual way, the same way you open other applications on your computer, by clicking icons on your Desktop or Start menu, by clicking directly on the executable, or by double clicking on an associated file - in this case an .lrcat file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2019 0
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have two computers logged in to your Creative cloud a/c at any point in time, in addition, you can have any number of mobile apps logged in i.e Phone or tablets.

Lightroom Classic can only have one (1) catalogue synced to your Creative Cloud a/c. You can sync files from your Collections to the Creative Cloud (smart previews of the files will be uploaded) these can then be accessed by the second computer (laptop) and or mobile device.

If you are travelling with your Laptop then you should use the Lightroom App (the cloud-based photo service) see the screen capture.

Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 9.39.54 PM.png

Then you can log in to your account once you have internet access and work with the smart previews in the cloud and the edits will sync back to your LR Classic Catalog on your desktop. You can work with your Laptop with your images and add them to the cloud storage which will sync back to LR Classic. Lots of info online to see how thee two apps work.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.1, LrC 10.1 (>10.0), Lr 4.1, Ps 22.1, Pr 14.8.0; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 0
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What computer are you travelling with?

Does it have Lightroom-Classic also?

Lightroom-Classic does not edit photos stored in the Cloud, but it can 'Sync' Collections of photos from the Desktop computer to the Cloud that can then be edited by Lightroom (Cloud based Service) on a Laptop computer, as suggested by DdeGannes

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-to-lightroom-catalog-multiple-computers/

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.1, Photoshop 22.1, Lightroom 4.1, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was getting long winded, scraped that, just to keep this simple

In the Creative Cloud subscription ecosystem, Signing in (login in ) authenticating, authorizing, updating, etc, are handled via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. Ignore any left over login inside of Lightroom Classic.

Unless you have a reason, sign in thru the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, and do not sign out, even if you have no internet on travel. Lightroom behaves better that way when you have no connectivity, This may or may not have something to do with the 30/90 day subscription authentication, plus a grace period (to account for lack of connectivity), or not.

Cannot prove any of this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 0