Highlighted

How to use LR5 and LR6 on a new computer

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use my registrated LR5 and LR6 on a new computer (IMAC model 2020). I don't want a membership on Creative Cloud. What have I to do to download LR6 en LR5?

Topics

Download and install, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to use LR5 and LR6 on a new computer

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use my registrated LR5 and LR6 on a new computer (IMAC model 2020). I don't want a membership on Creative Cloud. What have I to do to download LR6 en LR5?

Topics

Download and install, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe that you can install Lightroom 5 or Lightroom 6 on a new MAC (well, technically, it can't be installed on OS X 10.15 or later). So you can't install and use Lightroom 5 or Lightroom 6 if you have OS X 10.15 or later. You would need to subscribe to the current version of Lightroom Classic to continue using your Lightroom catalog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your 'new' Mac computer and OS, you'll be unable to install because the newer OS only supports 64-bit applications and the older installers are 32-bit. You'll have to see if you can boot off an older OS (pre- Catalina), install either or both LR6 and LR5, THEN you can boot into Catalina and use them. I have a copy of LR5 running pretty much fine (excluding the broken Maps module) under Catalina. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines