Highlighted

Huawei P40 Pro raw images all have green tint even at +150

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've got a new Huawei P40 Pro but I'm having trouble with editing the raw DNG files. When I import them the tint is automatically set to +150, and the image still has a green tint, so I can't edit them to be true to colour as I can't make them any pinker.

I've tried to use the shadow tint slider under calibration which makes it a bit better but I'm still finding it impossible to get it true to colour.

Huawei support haven't been helpful, they said it might be to do with the fact they use a RYYB lens which Lightroom isn't set up to support, but were unable to provide any actual solutions. Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas on how I could fix it to make these photos editable?

Thank you in advance!

Two images attached to show green tint even at max +150 tint towards pink

Topics

Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Huawei P40 Pro raw images all have green tint even at +150

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've got a new Huawei P40 Pro but I'm having trouble with editing the raw DNG files. When I import them the tint is automatically set to +150, and the image still has a green tint, so I can't edit them to be true to colour as I can't make them any pinker.

I've tried to use the shadow tint slider under calibration which makes it a bit better but I'm still finding it impossible to get it true to colour.

Huawei support haven't been helpful, they said it might be to do with the fact they use a RYYB lens which Lightroom isn't set up to support, but were unable to provide any actual solutions. Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas on how I could fix it to make these photos editable?

Thank you in advance!

Two images attached to show green tint even at max +150 tint towards pink

Topics

Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a sample P40 Pro raw and also observed that Tint was +150.  (The sample I downloaded didn't have an overall green cast, though.)

DNG files are supposed to be self-contained so that LR or other apps can interpret them without the need for individual camera profiles, as is required for the proprietary raw formats used by most manufacturers. Huawei support's claim that the problem has its roots in the camera's RYYB sensor  sounds plausible, but you can't put much stock these days in what technical support for any large company tells you.

I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links. (Safari users, uncheck the option Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking or use Chrome or Firefox.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0