• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can see photos to leete but LR cannot !!???

Engaged ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I make sense of this?  After years of doing this,  SUDDENLY something is wrong?:

As you can see there ARE photos to delete.  As LR cannot see, there are no photos to delete?

LR 9.2

osx 10.15.3

hmm, not all flagged photos show up either.

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 12.20.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-30 at 12.20.50 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are virtual copies, you can delete them from the catalog, but if you mark these copies to discard you cannot delete them. "Discard" makes sense when you've imported and want to delete your worst photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera has dual cards, programmed for duplicate captures.

When I accidnetally import all the phots, I have to dump

the "-2"'s.  I search the -2's, X trhem, and delete.  But not today.

Other X's dont delete  either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a virtual copy of a photograph. I marked it "X" to reject it. And I get to eliminate it (Ctrl+X). It's rare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not rare, it works all the time to reject a virtual copy and use "Delete Rejected Photos" to remove them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a filter set that shows no photos.  The Delete Rejected Photos command respects the filter.  Turn the filter off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filters are off and NO GO

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 5.23.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-30 at 5.25.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-30 at 5.24.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dialog says "No photos matches the filter".  Maybe its time for a Preference reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely something is 'wrong' with Steve_Ze's Lightroom!

(These are NOT virtual copies)

The error messages that show- "There were no rejected....." and "No photos match the filter" are the messages that I do see when I know that there are NO images marked as 'rejected' and use the [Ctrl+Backspace] shortcut.

Yet the OP does have Rejected photos!

Has a reset of the Preferences file been tried?  Preferences Reset 

Bob- just beat me with the Reset suggestion 🙂

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to reset Preferences.  This is a bug in the Lightroom "Filters Off" preset or the switch with filters set that is causing an issue with the "Delete Rejected Photos" .  You will notice in your TOP screen clip you have the "Filters Off" preset selected but the "Doesnt have edits" filter is still highlighted.  The photos display like there is no filter but it trips up "Delete Rejected Photos". I can duplicate your scenario if I use the Filters Off preset.  The Issue goes away if I use my self created "All Filters Off" filter.  I posted this in another thread I can't find but Adobe hasnt fixed it yet.  I didnt realize it affected the "Delete rejected photos" command which is more serious than I originally thought.

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 6.54.30 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now LR behaves as normal.  Restart fixes this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A restart doesn't actually FIX the issue permanantly.

As an example,

1 Go to a Folder of 3 photos that are UNEDITED

2 Mark one as Rejected.

3 Click the Edited Filter icon in the filter bar.  All the photos will disappear. 

4 Use the Switch or Filters Off preset to turn the filter off.  All the photos will come back.

5 Use the Delete Rejected Photos (Your error happens,  this is what your screen clips show) The Edited Filter icon doesnt get shut off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines