• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't create a virtual copy in LR when sync is "on" - I don't want sync on, how do I do this?

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to create a virtual copy, then somehow Synch was on but I don't want to synch (ever) so I "paused" it and now it doesn't allow me to create a virtual copy

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having sync on or off doesn't have anything to do with the ability to create virtual copies. I have sync enabled, and I create virtual copies frequently. Something else is happening. You might want to consider resetting your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I'm all for it, how do I re-set my preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although resetting the LR Classic preferences may help I doubt it will in this case.

To my knowledge the actual Preferecnes has nothing to do with creating a Virtual Copy of a image file that has been imported to the LR catalog.

Most likely you are trying to create a VC for an image that is missing. That is why I asked for a screen shot of the Library module window of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a screen shot of the image you are trying to make a virtual copy of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines