• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't edit photos in Photoshop CC from Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a while that I can't load or edit my pictures from Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic (10.1 Release, Camera Raw 13.1) to Adobe Photoshop CC (22.1.0). It always gets stuck in 95% Progress. The only way I could make it work is that I have to Force Close Photoshop and then CMD+E the photo from Lightroom again. It's a painful process as I lose any other photo editing I am already doing on Photoshop prior to opening another to edit.

I have upgraded to the latest LR and PS with no luck. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 8.54.27 AM.png

 This is happening for couple of months now, but it is very annoying. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you first export the image to a new file within LrC, then Edit in PS that already exported image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I understand you. My workflow is always, import all my images to LrC first. Then, Edit in PS, but it won't load cleanly unless I force close and reopen. 

I know I didn't answer your question, can you please give me the steps to follow so that I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point is to see if a problem exist during the process that LrC sends a export over to PS. 

Point is to add an additional annoying step as a possible diagnostic. Create the exported file in LrC without sending to PS, then sending that intermediate to PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, should have inquired (can not infer fro screen shot)

In LrC, /preferences/external editor/

What format have you set for edit in Photoshop? And if TIFF, are you compressing, and is that full compress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it as 

File Format: PSD

Color Space: sRGB

Bit Depth: 16bits/component

Resolution: 300

Also, when you say "Create the exported file in LrC without sending to PS" - how do you create an exported file in LrC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/exporting-photos-basic-workflow.html

After you export a file, then try edit in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I exported it as PSD and edited it in PS with no problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines