• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install the present VSCOs in lightroom

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't install the VSCO presents in my lightroom, since it tells me that they are already imported. However, they do not come out when opening the program.
I have had these filters for 3 years, and when I change computers I cannot install them.
Because it can be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the VSCO Develop presets refer to VSCO camera profiles (.dcp files).  If you install the presets without also installing the camera profiles, a bug in LR prevents the imported presets from being displayed in the Presets panel.

Ideally, you'd rerun the VSCO installer.  You could google around, but the last time I searched, I saw that lots of people could not longer run the VSCO installer on their systems (don't remember if there was a Mac OS or Windows compatibility issue).

If you can't re-run the installer, you could try looking on your old computer for the VSCO .dcp camera profiles. They should be in the folder:

Mac: /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

Win: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

(They could be in a subfolder.)  Copy the .dcp files to your new computer but don't try to use Finder or File Explorer to move them into the destination folder -- that method is error prone. Rather, use the LR menu command File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the presents located in my old folder. But I can't import them to lightroom. The problem comes when I copy the files, they do not appear in lightroom when restarting it. 

To import them, i give to edit--> preferns--> And later I see the picture. I choose presets and find them presents and copy them to the folder. I close lightroom and they don't appear.Captura de pantalla 2021-05-18 195452.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"To import them, i give to edit--> preferns--> And later I see the picture. I choose presets and find them presents and copy them to the folder. I close lightroom and they don't appear."

As I explained above, you need to also install the VSCO .dcp camera profiles. Until you do, even though LR has imported the Develop presets, they won't actually appear in the presets panel until you also import the .dcp camera profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these Presets or Profiles? Are thy supposed to be selected via  the Presets Panel, or via selecting a  Profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your images RAW or Raster? Do these Presets/Profiles only work on RAW? Are they partially compatible with JPEG, if so, did that option get reset to default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, My images is in RAW always

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you also changed cameras in between, the VSCO profiles will not work as they are camera specific. It is possible to hack them but this is not trivial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On my previous computer and with the current camera, they were perfectly fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines