• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can`t open panorama photos from my samsung s7

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can`t open panorama photos ( jpg) from my samsung s7. the error message is in english ( Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments to the photo.) or german ( Beim Lesen dieses Fotos ist in Lightroom ein Problem aufgetreten. Sie können keine Änderungen am Foto vornehmen.).

I can open the pictures in preview mac / photomatixpro / affinity photo without any problems.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

The unreadable image (20160416_105150.jpg) is not encoded in conformance with the industry standard for JPEGs.  Besides LR, some programs can't read the image, some can.  Of the ones I've tested:

Can't read: Exiftool, FastPictureViewer (Win), Firefox (Mac), Gimp 2.8 (Mac), Lattice (Mac), Lightroom CC 2015.5 (Mac)

Can read: Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Mac), ColorSync Utility (Mac), Chrome (Mac), Image Viewer (Mac), IrfanView (Win), Paint (Win), Paintbrush (Mac), Photo Gallery (Win), Photos (Win), Phot

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... I tried this using the Paint program and it worked just fine! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Panoramas taken with the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge don’t import properly into Lightroom, they show as grey boxes.

Easy fix.  Right click, edit in Photoshop, Edit a copy.  Opens in Photoshop.  Save As. Overwrite the file (will have had EDIT appended at end when it left Lightroom).  Save with maximum quality JPEG.  Close in Photoshop.  File is automatically imported into Lightroom.  Delete the non working file in Lightroom.  This only takes a few seconds.

Potential negatives - you need a copy of Photoshop.  Slight degradation in image quality as it saves and compresses as high quality JPEG. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Samsung Note 9 and I found the only way Photoshop will fix it is if you save it in a different format. To keep it in jpg format open Irfanview (a free program) and re-save it (save as). Irfanview fixes whatever it is that ails the picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please click Vote and Follow on this problem report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Unable to import panoramas from Samsung Galaxy S7, S8, S9 | Photoshop Family Customer Com... . Adobe product developers read everything posted there but rarely participate in this user-to-user forum. The more LR users vote on that problem report, the more likely Adobe might pay attention and contact Samsung directly (Samsung apparently doesn't have any good mechanism for consumer bug reports).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty good. I thought it would be that much tough to take screenshot galaxy s7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing to worry, you just need to do one thing. I remember I had the same problem when I tried to open the Gallary app on my Samsung Galaxy S7. I did one thing, I open the Settings > Apps list > tapped on the Gallary App, and then on Storage option. After that, I performed "Clear Cache" action and it worked. Thanks to this tutorial on deleting cache on Galaxy S7, it helped me a lot.

I hope this helps you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Work around: open the jpeg picture which is encoded incorrectly in another program such as Draw and save it with a new name. Then the preview and import of the panorama file should work. I had the same issue with a panorama image made with a Samsung Galaxy S8+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines