• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't use my box-version Lightroom 6, because I sold old pc

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Lightroom 6 on previous PC and wiped the harddrive. I didn't know I have to deactivate it first somehow. Unistallation process didn't say that. I noticed that on new pc I have a message about the maximum allowed computers and have to deactivate within 15 days but I'm not able to do it because I don't have the old PC anymore. I tried to deactivate on my account site but there is no sign of active devices or supscription because it's a box version of a program. Adobe support doesn't want to help me because the product is not supported anymore and they suggested to post about the issue here so I'm counting on your help. Please don't tell that I wasted 150$ for the program I can't use anymore.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-07-04 183945.png

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot speak from personal experience. However, I have seen feedback on the forums that Adobe will no longer reset activations for Lightroom 6. It is an outdated, unsupported version. Anyone who purchased it has had to make a choice to move on to Lightroom Classic or to choose a different product from a different provider to have software with support. The logical move is to subscribe to the Adobe photography plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Jim mentioned, it appears that at least some Adobe Support people are not deactiving LR 6 licenses any more.  But Adobe Support is terrible, many of the CSRs are poorly trained, and they have a reputation for saying anything to close a case (like telling people to come here for deactivations!).

I recommend that you try chat several more times, clearly explaining you're not looking for technical support but rather license deactivations, and demanding to escalate to a supervisor if they can't or refuse. That worked for someone else recently:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/how-to-get-lightroom-6-stand-alone-license-reset/m-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines