I cannot create a new catalog in Lightroom classic

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I cannot create a new catalog, although I can see my current catalog.

1) Checked folder read-write permissions of Lightroom classic, my pictures and folder where trying to create etc... and fine

2) Previously could do this fine

3) Don't appear to have any other problems

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I cannot create a new catalog in Lightroom classic

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I cannot create a new catalog, although I can see my current catalog.

1) Checked folder read-write permissions of Lightroom classic, my pictures and folder where trying to create etc... and fine

2) Previously could do this fine

3) Don't appear to have any other problems

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 30, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom Classic.

Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom you are using along with your computers operating system? Since when are you facing the issue? Did the issue start after a Lightroom update of an update to the operating system? Are you getting any error while trying to create the catalog? If yes, please share a screenshot of thee error.

You can try to uninstall and re-install the application to check if that helps. You can also try to reset the preferences of Lightroom Classic using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Note: Please back up your presets and other settings prior to resetting the preferences. 

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"1) Checked folder read-write permissions of Lightroom classic, my pictures and folder where trying to create etc... and fine"

Please explain exactly what happens when you try to create a new catalog. If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Also, please note that you can't create a catalog file in the root directory of a drive.

Lastly, I recommend the one catalog approach, which eliminates all of the above issues and has many other advantages as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0