• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot import my jpeg photos into Lightroom 3.6 using Windows 8.1.

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom 3 for several years but it suddenly stopped working so I took it to a computer store to be repaired. They uninstalled Lightroom 3 and updated it to Lightroom 3.6. Now I cannot drag photos from the desktop to the Library side of Lightroom 3.6. A friend of mine said perhaps I could create a folder to put them in before importing them, but I cannot do that either. Is there any known solution for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You import within LR you do not drag from outside of LR

In LR enter the Import module, select the images to import select where to import the to, select how to import, and click on import. dragging is not involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can drag-and-drop photos on the main Loupe area of LR Library (but not Develop) to import them, maybe onto the grid, too, just not the side areas, although sometimes there is Windows security that prevents it and I'm not sure exactly what changes.  I have Windows 10 1809 and LR 8.3, so I can't speak to the precise behavior of the much older LR 3.6 and Windows 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines