I cannot synchronize between laptop and catalog

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to LR Classic abd face the following issue :

- i create a catalog and import photos from a folder/subfolder structure on my laptop

- import is successful and i choose the option to keep the folder structure

I add/remove photos on my laptop and want to synch the caalog

I do this by selecting in the left pane of LR the original folder on my laptop

However, if i right click to select Synchronize Folder, the option Import New Photos is greyed out

What do i wrong

TOPICS
Problem or error, Sync

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Lightroom Classic you cannot simply "synchronize the catalog" unless your intention is to migrate the catalog and then switch to using Lightroom, the cloud-based version. If you choose that option then Lightroom becomes your primary controlling program and you no longer use Lightroom Classic, or you use it with a completely separate catalog and for a completely separate purpose.

If you want to continue using Lightroom Classic as your main program then you need to create collections, organizing your images as you want them to be seen in the cloud and then share those collections. The collections are what will be shared to the cloud.

So the question is, what is it that you are really wanting to do?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screen shot of what you are trying to do please. 
Use the photo icon to insert the screen shot please

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines