• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I deleted files by mistake

Participant ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted files by mistake Is there anyway to get them back? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

When you choose to delete images in Lightroom Classic you are given two choices; remove from Lightroom or delete from disk. If you choose to remove from Lightroom then the images are removed from the catalog but remain in the folder where they were imported to or imported from. If you chose to delete them from desk then the images would have been sent to the trash or to the recycle bin on your operating system, and they can be recovered from there. They will be restored to the folder from which

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Lightroom Classic question?

What files did you delete? Be specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Lightroom Classic. I had photos in a file named Necklace and by accident I deleted all the photos in that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look in the Trash/Recycle Bin? Do you have backups of these photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a separate trash in lightroom? I do back it up when it asks me too. But once I lost photos and called Adobe and the tech support guy imported thousands of pictures. I couldn't through all of them so I deleted them, I don't want to do that.  I have edited copies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you choose to delete images in Lightroom Classic you are given two choices; remove from Lightroom or delete from disk. If you choose to remove from Lightroom then the images are removed from the catalog but remain in the folder where they were imported to or imported from. If you chose to delete them from desk then the images would have been sent to the trash or to the recycle bin on your operating system, and they can be recovered from there. They will be restored to the folder from which they were deleted, but they would have to be imported into Lightroom again and would have to be edited again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. That all makes sence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the comments in your posts indicate you do not know how Lightroom-Classic works.

You would do well to read the free Lr-CLASSIC eBook from- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/

In a Lr-Classic Catalog you can-

[Remove] photos from the Catalog, they remain on your hard-drive. (They would need importing again)

[Delete] photos in the Catalog and they are deleted entirely. They may be in the OS Trash/Recycle Bin to restore, or better would be a backup of the files somewhere in your computer, as suggested by @dj_paige 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Wobert, maybe the article at the link below can clear some of the smoke.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-top-10-gotchas/ 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines