Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't want Lightroom classic to download all my CC cloud storage

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I migrated all my catalogs to the lightroom CC cloud storage (more than 1To) and I would like to be able to use lightroom classic to edit my pictures.

• What I intend to do is, after a shooting, import my pictures in lightroom CC (so they are backup on the cloud) and then put them in a collection so i can easily edit them on Classic via sync.
  • Problem, before doing this, Classic wants to sync my whole CC library and is downloading 1To on photos on my hard drive.
  • I would like Classic to download only picture i put in collections, not all my photos.

Do you have any piece of advice for me ?

Thanks in advance,

Silvio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you sync your Lightroom Classic Catalog file with your Creative Cloud storage it will sync all the original files that have been synced by Lightroom (cloud-based) desktop app and Lightroom mobile devices connected with your Adobe ac.

Classic must have original image files, locally connected to your computer. There are two Lightroom applications that can function on your computer. See the screen capture.

LrC functions with the original files connected to your local system. You can sync Collections from LrC to the cloud it will sync smart previews will be available to your mobile devices.

Lr - desktop app. syncs original files to your Cloud storage, which will connect yith all your mobile devices.

Make little sense having LrC and Lr on the same computer.

Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.20.10 AM copy.pngScreenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.20.34 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link below may help in getting to know the difference.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/ 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry, but that is not how the ecosystem works. There is no option for selective sync from the cloud to Lightroom Classic, only vice versa. Lightroom Classic will download all the cloud images if you enable sync.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines