• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I get a red color cast when exporting, but looks perfect in PS and LR.

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So lately when I export a picture from Lightroom, there is a red cast, like the reds were extra saturated. However, when I open the exported file in Photoshop or even import it to Lightroom, it looks exactly the way I want it. I attached an example. Any help with this would be great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The over saturation you're seeing is typical when viewing images in applications without color management on a wide gamut monitor. I'm guessing that you are on Windows 10, and using the Photos app to view the exported image.

No native Windows applications are color managed, and will inevitably display over saturated on wide gamut monitors.

You can use Adobe Bridge, which comes with your subscription, or use a third party color managed image viewer like FastStone, which is free for personal use.

FastStone color management must be enabled in Settings, and both boxes in the dialog must be checked.

I'm inserting the image you attached here.

The next time you post, use the Insert Photos button in the toolbar.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stop blaming it on the Applications!! It's red on my iPhone as well as Instagram. And it never did that before with all the same settings. This is a major glitch that needs to be addressed. I have clients waiting and I'm loosing money. Might just switch to capture one at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines