• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have 2 lightroom 6 catalogs - Can I change one to lightroomCC & keep Lightroom 6.14 for the other?

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had lightroom 6 for years and have one catalog for my business and one for personl use. My business is changing to another ower. I'd like to move the business catalog to Lightroom Classic or CC for the new owner and keep my Lightroom 6.14 license for my personal use at this time.  I recognize there's a lot of pressure from Adobe to change to the new version and may do that in the future, but it would mean changing my operating system and replacing older programs and I don't want to do all that now.

So...can the business catalog move to the new lightroom classic or CC account without my Lightroom 6.14 license disappearing into the new account that will be under a new name and email? If moving the business catalog means  I'd lose my 6.14 license for personal use, the new owner would have to start fresh with an empty catalog and either reload years of images or just keep them stored and only use lightroom going forward (or not use lightroom at all).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My thoughts are- If the "another owner" is not you, but someone else on another computer system, then I would be just do an [Export as a Catalog] of the business catalog, including the 'Negative' files, and supply this complete v6.14 Catalog with the photos to the new owner. Let them do any upgrading to Lr-Classic or Lightroom (Cloud based) by their decision.

Your problems could be compounded if you install Lightroom-Classic to upgrade a Catalog, as the CC Desktop App will convert your system to a 'Subscription' version, and your 'perpetual' license will be taken over by the subscription Plan. You do not "lose" the license, or your v6.14 Catalog, but it would require un-installing, cleaning, and re-installing of v6.14 in your system to restore it to the 'Perpetual' basis.

OTOH if you Subscribe to the Photography Plan (20GB) for your personal Catalog, then it becomes an easier process..

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines