• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have lost my catalogue

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with lightroom for the past year and had a problem when it crashed 2 weeks ago possibly because it demanded that I should installe upgrades which it did not allow me to do.  Since then I have been trying to repair the damage that this caused to my catalogue. Howeve yesterday Lightroom incorrectly said that I did not have a licences to work with lightroom and shut me out of the catalogue. This has now been corrected, however I can't seem to be able to go back to my catalogue and resume the repair of that occurred from the previous crash. I don't know where to start.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did the message really say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there was no message it just opened a single image and I couldn't open the catalogue.or get into Navigator..I couldn't figure what to do. I tried looking at recent catalogues ( I had a recent crash) but couldn't find anything that worked. I have back up files that I made both before and after the recent crash,but I didn't want to go that route if at all possible as I have been painfully restoring the catalogue.

Sockit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ihave been searching more and now find the message "

The file could not be found  I decided to close the catalogue and create a back up..  On reopening the catalogue it seems that I have a catalogue of just on picture.  though I can't be sure. I don't know what happened when Adobe cut off my access to my catalogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

"I tried looking at recent catalogues ( I had a recent crash) but couldn't find anything that worked."

Same issue, only one picture showing? What about the folders panel in the library? Are there folder names with 0 images in them, or ?, meaning it cannot find the files? Have you made sure there's no issue with your pictures and they are still in their respective folder on your hard-drive? 

"I have back up files that I made both before and after the recent crash,but I didn't want to go that route if at all possible"

Using a backup catalog is pretty straightforward, as you just have to unzip and open it, so you should definitely try it. Delete the current catalog (after making a copy, just in case) and put the backup  in its place if you want to have it in the exact same folder with the same name.

Maybe screenshots of what you see in the library (in particular the folders panel) might help us help you, as well as the exact word for word any error messages (or screenshots) and details about your LrC version and OS.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael   I didn't have a crash this time it just was that Adobe turned off my access to the catalogue.  However at this time I have only one picture in the catalogue and lightroom couldn't find it on my hard drive. When I navigated to the image it did recognise the name of the image..( I had relabelled it 3 days ago) Looking through the files it cannot find any images in the catalogue that correspond to the images on my computer. The crazy thing about this whole deal is that when Adobe sent me a message that I have access to install software on my machine. I didn't need to download any as it was all there except the cloud access that was not there previously. That seems to has screwed everything up. For the last month or so Adobe was making me sign in every time I wanted to open a PDF file even though many moons ago I had purchased a stand alone version for my machine. When my machine crashed approximately 3 weeks ago. The file system was badly corrrupted and I have been slowly repairing it. I am scared that the latest thing has put me right back again. One thing that might be at the root of this is that two years ago when I started on this project I decided to put lightroom on an external drive as I did not want it mixed up with other things on my computer. It has been running just fine until now and I wonder whether Adobe has now fouled this up. I was about to finish this project until this thing happened  3 weeks ago and would have put Lightrooom and my images away for safe keeping for  a while. I have been doing a lot of video editing which consumes the whole machine and wouldn't mix with Adobe.as well as other projects.that I am doing.

Thanks

Sockit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI  I just wrote a MAYDAY note to say that my main archive for my back up files is missing.  That was incorrect. I have found it an all is intact.  I could restore an earlier version.  Sorry about that

Sockit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know you could restore an earlier catalog. Proof of how important backups are 😉

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What confused me was the fact that lightroom got shut down while I was developing an image.So that in the list of catalogues this catalogue had the word develop attached to it.  It was the catalogue I needed, but it looked strange and I stayed away.  The catalogue also didn't respond normally on being opened as the library wasn't visible  and for some reason the header showing library, develop etc also was't visible.So there was just an image.  It didn't dawn on me that I was in the develop mode. Coming back to it a day later it was readily apparent and I  backtracked  into the library mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have found the problem my main archive with all of my back ups has vanished.It used to be on my D drive with everything else but now isn't there.If that is the case I might have no back up files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines