• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i have really screwed up this time, two catalogs. one missing

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new computer. I could not find my old catalog, i let Lightroom create a new one for me. I lost everything that i had done. I looked all over for my old catalog, but I could not find it. So, my problem, my old Online lightroom has all the pictures that i have worked on, in the cloud. Can I retrieve them? Some of the pictues seem to be missing from my current catalog. So, if I sync, can i sync in reverse? I don't want to lose all of the stuff I have in the Adobe Cloud.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please verify what specific Lightroom product you are using. In LR click on help, click on system info, Post what the first five lines state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 9.3 [ 202005281810-476e492c ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.19041

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I looked all over for my old catalog, but I could not find it."

On your old computer, you want to use your operating system's search feature to search all disks for files whose name ends with .LRCAT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what i did first. I had also done regular backups, don't know where they are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "I had also done regular backups, don't know where they are"

The backup options are selected in the Catalog settings and occurs when you are exiting Lightroom. The dialog box that appears will indicate where the backup will be saved. You also have the option to choose the location where you wish it to be stored. Choose a safe location not where the original Catalog file is stored.  See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 9.15.16 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i thought i had found it, but when i tried to use it, LR said it was not usable and did not tell me how i might fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think i found it, thank you! It is on my F drife, under OneDrive. With my new computer, my C drive is large enough to hold my files, so, how do i move everything in LRc from the F drive to the C drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC catalogs can be on any hard drive, internal or external. Preference would be your fastest drive, and keep drive space in mind. Current bilefe is to have at least 20% free space available

LrC library preview folders need to be on the same drive as the catalog. Preview files can be deleted, LrC will recreate them as needed. Some hacks might exist to place them on other drives, probably not worth the effort.

Photos can be on any hard drive, even networked, hard drive performance not an issue

Camera RAW CACHE location can be any hard drive, this can benefit from faster drive speed . Try to avoid placing the Camera CACHE on the boot drive for Windows rigs as that may compete with the OS Paging for hard drive read/writes.

The LrC program files typically get placed on the boot drive, not worth fighting that, some components must be on the boot drive (unless you are a info tech guru)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, this is very helpful. I have found my old catalog and it looks good. I think this will be easier because the new SSD drive is big enough. One thing I did that I wonder if its very smart was to put all of my pictues ine OneDrive, but I leave them also on my hard drive, or its slower. I also put the catlog on the OneDrive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines