• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I lost my current Lightroom catalog when switching to an older catalog

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched over from a desktop to a laptop computer. When I first used the new laptop, I immediately downloaded lightroom again (still using the same email and login). When I opened the app, none of my pictures were there because they were still on the desktop, so I started making new folders for all of the new pictures I had taken. Later on, I wanted to go back to the pictures from the desktop and access them on my laptop. I transferred them off the desktop and onto a flash drive, which I then used to open them on the laptop. When I tried opening the lightroom catalog, it asked if I wanted to relaunch the catalog, so I pressed "relaunch." Then it launched that catalog, but all of the pictures had exclaimation marks on them, so I took the raw files from the desktop and used the flash drive to put them on the laptop so I could locate them. It took a few tries, but I eventually had all of the photos located. Then, I tried to get back to the original catalog on my laptop, and it was nowhere to be found. I had about 5 or 6 catalogs from when I was trying to open the old catalog (because the app asked me to update the catalog a few times), and none of the catalogs were the one I was looking for. I'm starting to think that I may have accidentally deleted the catalog or overwrote the catalog as the old one. How do I find the new catalog and how do I get it back? That catalog had some amazing pictures and I'd hate to loose all of that.   😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a free book on the subject, which should help you copy your Lightroom catalog and pictures from the desktop to the laptop.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/moving-lightroom-free-ebook/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are using the subscription model software?

Quite often a summary of your LR and OS details will give the issue better context if you could .. .. ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines