• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm looking over the Lightroom API for ways to work with photos in the develop module how well is this supported?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've wanted to make an iOS or leap motion app to help edit photos in the develop module but I don't see how one would adjust the white balance, slider or a crop to square.  Is there a way to do this that I am missing?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are these mail sent to me?

I put a completely different question.

Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hallon8 wrote: Why are these mail sent to me?

Lars,

You likely turned on "following" for the SDK forum.  To turn it off, go to the SDK forum home page and click on "Following" in the upper-right corner:

Untitled.png

Then in the drop-down menu, click "Stop Following":

Untitled2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BrentLaVelle wrote:

I've wanted to make an iOS or leap motion app to help edit photos in the develop module but I don't see how one would adjust the white balance, slider or a crop to square.  Is there a way to do this that I am missing?

The only supported way in the SDK API to change photo settings is by creating a plugin-specific preset with LrApplication.addDevelopPresetForPlugin() and then applying that preset to a phot with photo:applyDevelopPreset().   This would let you change the white balance, but unfortunately photo:applyDevelopPreset() doesn't work with crop settings (see this thread Lightroom SDK: Please assure *all* develop settings and metadata are available in Lr4).

Some applications, such as those that let you control LR from a tablet or MIDI controller, use platform-specific reverse engineering to hook into the low-level user interface implementation of LR.  This is of course completely undocumented, unsupported (as if Adobe supports the LR SDK), and very fragile. One such LR application, Paddy, was screwed by major changes to LR internals in LR 5 -- I don't know if it ever recovered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Paddy looks like what I wanted to write.  Hopefully the API will grow to allow us to move all of those sliders and other controls in the develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines