• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm seeing zero scrolling improvements in June 2020 release?

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was very happy to read about the new scrolling performance enhancements in the June 2020 release (it's the small fixes that make a bigger difference day to day than tentpole features). I upgraded immediately and I must say I'm seeing no improvement whatsover. In fact, I fear my catalogs may actually be scrolling more slowly now.

The scroll refresh lags way behind my mouse/arrow-key/trackpad scrolling action (yes, I tried all three). Even when it scrolls, it stutters and jerks, making it impossible to get an overview of image thumbnails at a glance. This even happens after I've built 1:1 previews for the images in a collection I'm viewing.

I'm on a 2019 Mac Pro, 2.7 GHz 24-Core, 384 GB RAM, Radeon Pro W5700X. macOS is up-to-date Catalina. 

Monitor is BenQ SW321C. 3840x2160 scaled to a viewable area of 3200x1800. Lightroom scrolling only speeds up if I shrink the window to a size of about 1440x1000. That size is unusable, but I tried it out of curiosity. Is Lightroom not capable of scrolling smoothly at 4k? Even with the horsepower listed above?

My catalog is close to 57k images, almost all Fuji RAFs from the X-T1 and X-H1. I've optimized my catalog and restarted my Mac and Lightroom for good measure. I've ensured Lightroom has access to my GPU.

What am I missing?

p.s. - I was thrilled to see that you finally implemented renaming for custom text during batch export only to be crushed when I realized it was only for multi-batch export. WHY?! You guys are killing me! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is primarily user-to-user, and Adobe product developers rarely participate here and won't see your feedback. I suggest you post in the official feedback forum, where Adobe wants all product feedback:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

They do read everying posted there and sometimes engage.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mouse/trackpad scrolling improvements did not make it into the macOS version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How ironic – they ought to mention that in the release notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did they announce that? Would've been great to have that caveat! I spent a lot of time tweaking to figure out what was wrong with my catalog. Thanks for sharing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, that's good news, but why hasn't Rikk from Adobe acknowledged this in the numerous comments he's made on this enhancement?

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-is-slow-on-macbook-pro-2019...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines