• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I might of installed the wrong Lr App. Full with only 500 images?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,  Lightroom is demanding I upgrade with only 500 images in folders, is this normal? Deleting images doesn't stop it demanding me to upgrade.  Is it possible some images are being synchronised from my phone and squirreled away without me seeing.? Thanks all

Unlocked and Title edited by moderator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom doesn't "demand" an upgrade unless you are running a trial version. 500 images in the catalog is nothing. It is possible to manage hundreds of thousands of images in a single catalog. What version of Lightroom (exact number) is installed? And what is the wording of the so-called demand to upgrade? It really has nothing to do with the 500 images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your help. I'm a bit of a newbie, so you'll have to bare with me😊  They're is a yellow band coming across the top of the page on my desktop saying Lightroom is full you can upgrade for.... when I sync my camera it's not finding the new images and my mobile version and desktop version haven't been speaking for some time!

My mobile is Android OS version 10

Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Drew,

I know your title says Lightroom Classic, but it sounds like you are using "Lightroom" a web based app where the images are stored in the cloud. Is that it? It would be very helpful if you post a screen shot of the whole application and the error message.

This discussion group is for Lightroom Classic, an application that used to be called just "Lightroom" until a couple of years ago. Lightroom Classic stores the images and catalog of the images on local drives and only connects to cloud storage in certain user designated ways. The name change by Adobe hasn't done anyone a favor. Most of the users in this forum, like me, go way back to when Lightroom Classic was called Lightroom so there can be some confusion.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth,

Yes, that maybe the case.. okay I'll switch to the cloud forum. Cheers.

Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've just browsed the various Adobe community forums, any idea which one I should use to post this problem?  Thanks.

Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why a moderator locked this conversation. Nothing that I can see is wrong with it.

I have Unlocked it and change the title again.

I suspect you bought the Photograph plan which included Lightroom Classic, Photoshop and the mobile version for Android and iOS devices and only comes with 20GBs of Adobe Cloud storage space.

But, and this is a BIG BUT, you installed the Cloud based Lightroom Desktop program and not LrC. LrD automatically Uploads whatever images you import into it to the Cloud system and that has Filled up your allotted Adobe cloud storage space.

If the above is correct please post back to this conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

I think this sounds correct. What would be the solution to the problem?

Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure all your images are still someplace on your computers hard drive. If they have been Moved (not just Copied) to the Cloud system then you need to downlaod them from the cloud system and store them on your computers hard drive and Make a Backup Of them on an External Drive.

Once you are sure your images are safe on your computers hard drive open the CC Desktop App and using the 3 dots to the right of the Lightroom program Uninstall it.

Once that is done then install Lightroom CLASSIC. And then import your images into LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant,  thanks I'll give it a go!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines