• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I missed something....what happened with PROFILE in DEVELOP?

Explorer ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been several years since I worked reguarly in LR.  In returning to it and working on my catalog, in DEVELOP I'm finding that something isn't working as I remember....

specifically, in the DEVELOP module, many of my images have defaulted one of several PROFILEs.  Some older ones appear as EMBEDDED which I don't recall ever seeing before. 

And, the adjustment tools for different profiles are different.  EMBEDDED for example, is lacking the new TEXTURE slider entirely.

First, am I dreaming or did something actually change in a LR version?

And, if something DID change, is there an article I might read to understand what happened?

If something DIDN'T change, then is there something I can do (settings, etc) that would make using develop for any picture from any time display a consistent set of development tools?
Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much has changed with the many updates/upgrades to Lightroom-Classic.

Look here for info- ! CLASSIC - WHATS NEW All Versions  including a link for 'older' prior to 2018 versions.

New Tools missing? (eg.Texture) Check the 'Process Version' of the image in the Develop Module. If you see the lightening bolt icon below the histogram- the photo is using an old Process Version - click the icon to update PV, or change it in the Calibration Panel.

"Embedded"- May be commonly seen on camera JPGs. Or the newer 'Mirrorless' cameras will embed the camera profile in a raw file.

There were BIG changes to Profiles and Presets in Classic v7.2-

Julieanne Kost's Blog | Raw & Creative Profiles, Preset Updates, and More!

PROFILES & PRESETS EXPLAINED- Jared Platt

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-set-defaults-for-raw-file-import/...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WobertC

Thanks.  Enormously helpful. 

I watched Kost's overview which raised a question....

I have thousands of images with profiles that limit my ability to make adjustments (some sliders aren't available in certain of these profiles).

Is there any way to change, in bulk, old profiles to a selected replacement?  This would avoid my having to change the profile in D for every image I open up.  Yes, admitting that my workflow discipline sucks...but I can't change the past. 

For example, I've got a ton of images that are set to EMBEDDED.  I would like to change them all to ADOBE STANDARD or ADOBE COLOR. 

If this isn't in LR, might there be a plug-in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got a ton of images that are set to EMBEDDED. I would like to change them all to ADOBE STANDARD or ADOBE COLOR.

You may not be able to select from the Camera Profiles  (eg. Adobe Standard ) but you can certainly change to something in the 'Basic', 'Artistic', 'Modern', groups of Profiles.

In the Develop module either 'Sync' [Treatment & Profile] to selected photos, or have 'Auto-Sync' turned on when selecting a Profile.

Or create you own Profiles in ACR-

! CREATE PROFILES in ACR

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines