• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I moved 'Mobile Downloads.lrdata' to an external drive - now my LR CC can't "find" them....

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help re-syncing (???) my synced mobile images in LR CC. I purchsed an new iMac and successfully moved and re-linked the photos and main catalog to an external drive. Everything works perfectly except for synced photos. I moved the 'Mobile Downloads.lrdata' to the external drive as well thinking that I could "point" to it the same way to can with any other catalog file. Can I?

Changing the file location in LR preferences for "Lightroom's Synced images:" didn't fix it - nothing but grey squares still. Each photo is trying to resolve to a specific file inside the .lrdata (e.g. 

Previous location: /Users/bryce_hanna/Pictures/Lightroom/Mobile Downloads.lrdata/a097d81493a62e573a83d6634bc78b9458d19ae0ddda13aeb3f3e78588ae4541/APC_2375.dng)

I realize NOW that what I should have done was to first move the Synced Photographs into normal folders. Too late; everything is moved to a new machine and new hard drive. All 57gb of the Mobile Downloads.lrdata still exists - how do I access that data?  I have many good images taken with the LR mobile app that I'd like to preserve. Is there a way to resolve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Move the file back into your catalog folder. That is where Lightroom thinks it should be. Once it is reconnected this way, you can move the images out of it and into a normal folder, and then setup the preferences so Lightroom will also download any new images into another folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move the file back into your catalog folder. That is where Lightroom thinks it should be. Once it is reconnected this way, you can move the images out of it and into a normal folder, and then setup the preferences so Lightroom will also download any new images into another folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Soooooooo...that worked perfectly. Seems so obvious now. At any rate THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines