Highlighted

I need some advice on next device for (Lightroom while traveling)

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using Lightroom for years via my trusted Windows Desktop & Laptop for traveling (perpetual version of Lightroom). Desktop is a new and very fast build. So, that will definately stay.

The Laptop is coming of age and I am thinking about updating it.  I am also in the  "need" for an iPad for my indoor winter cycling training. When I am traveling I am mostly in extremely remote areas without WLAN. That mostly being diving in Indonesia or self drive safari in Botswana. So, I will not have access to the cloud. I need to travel light, due to restrictions. I also do not like to store my pictures in the Cloud. I guess that you can call me old school. While travelling I like to have the ability to backup my photos on 2 separate drives. I also like to have the ability to go through the Pictures. If I have the time for it. Ok, that was the background.

So, now to my real question.

Can I do that on an IPAD? Do I need an IPAD Pro ( usb-c) for it?

Would it be painfully slow ( D800 36Mpix)?

Or would I need a Laptop/MacBook for the speed?

Can I share the Catalog between an Apple device & my windows Desktop?

/Erik 

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I need some advice on next device for (Lightroom while traveling)

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using Lightroom for years via my trusted Windows Desktop & Laptop for traveling (perpetual version of Lightroom). Desktop is a new and very fast build. So, that will definately stay.

The Laptop is coming of age and I am thinking about updating it.  I am also in the  "need" for an iPad for my indoor winter cycling training. When I am traveling I am mostly in extremely remote areas without WLAN. That mostly being diving in Indonesia or self drive safari in Botswana. So, I will not have access to the cloud. I need to travel light, due to restrictions. I also do not like to store my pictures in the Cloud. I guess that you can call me old school. While travelling I like to have the ability to backup my photos on 2 separate drives. I also like to have the ability to go through the Pictures. If I have the time for it. Ok, that was the background.

So, now to my real question.

Can I do that on an IPAD? Do I need an IPAD Pro ( usb-c) for it?

Would it be painfully slow ( D800 36Mpix)?

Or would I need a Laptop/MacBook for the speed?

Can I share the Catalog between an Apple device & my windows Desktop?

/Erik 

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?