• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I upgraded to 10.15.6 Catalina - now can't open LR CC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I get-- I've uninstalled, re installed and restarted computer- any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 6.03.01 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Adobe-- this Customer Support link in the pop up gives a 404 error page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error code indicates somehow the downloaded package was corrupted. What I would do is to wipe the creative cloud installation using creative cloud cleaner and reinstall creative cloud, followed by Classic from scratch: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

following

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you are aware Lightroom Classic is not Lightroom CC. You should use LrC.

The cloud-based Decktop version is simply Lightroom or Lr.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize- LRC is still giving this error. The link doesn't work and I've uninstalled Creative Cloud, reinstalled it and have even tried to install an older version of LRC- no luck, same error every time.

I did run Clean My Mac and am thinking it may have removed a vital folder?

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 10.29.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clean My Mac is one of those utilities that is at best harmless but usually do way more harm than good. I would strongly advise against using any of them. It is not unlikely it damaged your operating system or the Adobe installation and you might need to reinstall all Adobe apps and/or your operating system. For sure get rid of the Clean My Mac tool first. Then, I would first try to run creative cloud cleaner that I linked above to completely remove all Adobe stuff from your computer. Then download the creative cloud app from Adobe, install it and log on. From the creative cloud app, download Lightroom Classic and install.

If that doesn't work, you will need to reinstall your operating system. This is done by booting your Mac in recovery mode. Make sure you have a full backup of your machine. Then restart your Mac and immediately hold the command and R keys. You will get into a screen that allows you to reinstall the OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU- I'll give that a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao_vdL - did ALL of these steps and still receiving the same error 😞 This time I can view a photo catalog though-- any other ideas?

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 7.36.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Time to start a communication with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines