• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I use Lightroom Classic. In develop mode I cannot find the Done button

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Lightroom classic for sometime time. Suddenly I cannot find the button ther save the changes I have made. I caa=nnot find anyting that I have changed tyo make it disappear.

(Title Edited by Moderator for clarity)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

The only time there is a Done button is when you have one of the adjustment features going such as the crop tool or the adjustment brush or the gradient filter. It displays on the toolbar. If the toolbar isn't showing then press the letter T on your keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You dont have to save anything. The changes are stored in the database. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is NO Save button, option, in LR. Never was and more than likely never will be.

LR saves all your edit to the Catalog file and to an XMP file if you have that option turned on.

If you want a Copy of the image file that includes all the edit you use the Export button, or right click > Export, or menu option File > Export, or keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + E.

That will create a New file and included, it will burn in, all the edits you have done to the original file.

LR never touches the original file. All the edits you do are only Displayed over the top of the original image.

You need to read up and or look at some online tutorials on how LR works and how to work with LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based in the fact that no save button exists in Lightroom Classic, and based on your  earlier  post that look more inline with the  cloud app, I suspect you are either posting in the wrong forum, or stumbled upon the real Lightroom Classic and are treating it like that cloud app who's name that must not be mentioned.

So, in whatever Adobe product you are in, click on Help, then About. What version is stated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Lightroom classic version 8.4.1. The button I meant to say is missing is the "done" button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time there is a Done button is when you have one of the adjustment features going such as the crop tool or the adjustment brush or the gradient filter. It displays on the toolbar. If the toolbar isn't showing then press the letter T on your keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim. That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not anymore..not on the new 12.3...!??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need for a done button. Your changes are saved automatically. To exit the masking tool, click on either the "Edit" icon or the "Masking" icon. See https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-toolbar-done-button-has-moved-to-tool...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines