• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Use LR CC2015, but it is not installed in CC app manager?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been using LR CC2015 and I wanted to look if there were updates. But in my CC app manager it looks like LR is not installed at all?? So of course I can not update it…
How is that posible and what can I do about it? Do I have to re-install? (I hope not!) Any tips m how to solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2015.9 is the latest.

You can update from LR's help menu or download from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to update from LR’s help menu it takes me to CC-app-manager there is no option to update only instal

I know how to download LR….
But I already have LR running on my PC, If I start downloading LR, will it only update my LR or install a new one?? (the buton syas “instal” not “update”!)

Why do I have to install a new LR just for an update?
And if I re-instal, how do I make sure I do not lose my photos, presets and so on. (as happend to me before, by installing a newer version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "But I already have LR running on my PC, If I start downloading LR, will it only update my LR or install a new one?? (the buton syas “instal” not “update”!)

Could you please go to the Help on the Lightroom menu bar and click "about Lightroom" and see the exact version you have installed.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can and will not 'install a new LR'. LR CC2015 can only be installed once.

Did you try to sign off and back in from the CC desktop app?

If you are not on 2015.9, download the update manually and install it - this will maybe also fix the link to the desktop app.

If not, come back here.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-installed CC desktop app, and it didn't help.
What do you mean with "update manually"?

(By the way, thanks for the help F. McLion)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the link I posted before: Download Photoshop Lightroom

You can download every update directly from there and after download start the installer - that's what I call 'manually', not like simply kicking 'update' function from help menu i.e.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update worked! Thanks for the help...
But it didn't fix the CC-desktop-app, it still says that I do not have LR installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very strange.

For the moment, I'd leave it like this and reinstall all of CC with the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines