• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to edit an image from Lightroom in Photoshop and the option is greyed out.

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to edit an image from Lightroom in Photoshop and the option is greyed out. Can anyone tell me why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Lightroom-CLASSIC ?

Grey 'Edit-In' menu may be caused by-

1) The photo is 'missing'. Lightroom does not know where the original photo is stored- it has been deleted, renamed, moved, by the OS outside of Lr.  Grid view thumbnail is showing a [!] on the border. Folders may show a [?]  (or possibly a corrupt file)

MISSING PHOTOS

2) You are using Smart Previews and the original file is not connected to the computer or available to Lightroom. (eg. external usb drive not connected or working). Plu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom-CLASSIC ?

Grey 'Edit-In' menu may be caused by-

1) The photo is 'missing'. Lightroom does not know where the original photo is stored- it has been deleted, renamed, moved, by the OS outside of Lr.  Grid view thumbnail is showing a [!] on the border. Folders may show a [?]  (or possibly a corrupt file)

MISSING PHOTOS

2) You are using Smart Previews and the original file is not connected to the computer or available to Lightroom. (eg. external usb drive not connected or working). Plug in the external drive- check that it is using the same Name/Letter as before. (Also see the link for Missing photos)

3) Lightroom and Photoshop are not linked correctly in Registry/plist.  See this link-

EDIT IN Photoshop command missing

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are awesome. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines