• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to import ONLY starred images

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am shooting sports and take hundreds of frames on the same thing. I star them in camera and I do not want to import them all into lightroom... only my 30-50 starred images... not thousands. 

Does the star rating transfer over to the import dialogue box... so I can only import my favourates??? Or do I NEED to import them all first to view the starred images?

I can obviously go through and view the thumbnail in the import process and manual select them but that would take a long time... 

Am I missing something or is this not a feature?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the star rating does import into LrC.  There may be a neater solution but:

Import all the files. In the library module, create a filter that shows only non-rated images.  Select all.  Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...

This is what I have been doing in the past... And I guessI will continue to do until anything changes with the importing process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does your operating system display the Star ratings?

If so, you could use your operating system to filter out the photo you want from the photos you don't want, and then import only ones you do want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines